Time-Saving Wedding Tips
While you are ordering your wedding invitations , think about how many thank you notes and other stationery you may need. It can be convenient to take care of everything at once. Some things to think about ordering early include:
- Save the Date cards. In you have RSVP cards, they should capture the number of people who will be attending from each household, and a food preference (if you are offering meal choices). Also, you'll want to include a self-addressed and stamped envelop to make sure the RSVP cards are returned to you.
- Stamps. It can be easy to overlook stamps until you get ready to mail everything. Instead, order personalized stamps online ahead of time so you are ready when the stationery arrives!
- Thank you notes . You should order these early and get extras! You might be surprised how many people you know that will want to wish you and your fiancé well on your new adventure together!
- Maps or directions. This may be maps to your wedding, reception, a hotel or all of the above. Provide the information your guests need to be able to get to and from your events and they will thank you for it.
- RSVP cards. In you have RSVP cards, they should capture the number of people who will be attending from each household, and a food preference (if you are offering meal choices). Also, you'll want to include a self-addressed and stamped envelop to make sure the RSVP cards are returned to you.
- Table cards for your reception . If you have a formal dinner, table cards can help guests quickly find their table and seat.
- Rehearsal dinner invitations. Your rehearsal dinner invitations can set the stage for this less formal get-together, and let people know if they are invited (or expected) to attend.
- Name tags for your reception or rehearsal. If your friends and family have not met before, it is thoughtful to provide nametags for guests to wear. One fun idea is to write a piece of trivia about each guest on their name tag as an icebreaker.
- Wedding announcements. Your wedding announcements should be completed, addressed and ready to mail before your wedding day so your Maid of Honor can send them out after the wedding reception.
Brides can easily spend 3-5% of their budget on stationery, so keep your budget in mind as you start shopping and order everything together if you can (it often will save on shipping costs).
Haven't created a budget yet? That's OK. Our free and easy-to-use Budget Tracker will help you create your wedding budget now.
If you liked this article, please let us know! We welcome your opinion and feedback in the comments area!