Invitations & Stationery
See More Invitations & Stationery Articles »
Wedding Invitation FAQs
Wedding invitations are often the first glimpse your guests have into your wedding. There is so much to consider when selecting your invitations that it can be a little hard to know where to start.
A few questions can help you narrow down your options so you can choose the invitations that are perfect for you:
- Do you want a traditional invitation with lots of layers? There are other options —a simple yet elegant card or an email to friends and family with the details... today’s brides are opting for invitations that fit their own personal style so have fun with your invitations!
- How formal is your wedding? The more formal your wedding, the more formal the language and tone of your invitations can be.
- Are you having a destination wedding? If so, there are some unique wedding invitations out there that might be perfect for your wedding plans.
- What do you need to communicate to guests? This can include when and where the ceremony will be, what (if any) food will be served or how late the dancing will go. You can also share recommendations on where to stay, things to do while in town for your wedding, or provide a link to your own personalized website.
- How many friends and family are you inviting?
- For a small wedding you might consider hiring a boutique designer that can craft one-of-a-kind invitations.
- For a larger wedding, you can order everything yourself and get together with your bridal party to address and stuff invitations.
- There are also companies that can print, address and mail your invitations — with so many options you can pick what’s right for you.
- Who is paying for most of the wedding? Often the hosts of the wedding are subtly acknowledged in the invitations.
- How do you want to use your wedding colors? Colors can be used any way you want to on the invitations. From colored envelopes or paper to the words on the invitation — you can use as much or as little color as you like.
After you order your invitations, make sure you have stamps. You can even get personalized postage stamps printed with a photo of you and your fiancé.
Have invitation tips you want to share? Go ahead and add your comments below!