Five Destination Wedding "Must-Do's"
Planning a destination wedding can be exciting and fun. If you’ve chosen to get married out of town, it can be very helpful to make a trip to the location before finalizing plans.
We've created a Pinterest board with gorgeous location ideas you can look at. It's a great way to get started!Follow Bride Connections's board Gorgeous wedding, reception and honeymoon locations on Pinterest.
When you are ready to start visiting different locations and meeting with various vendors, keep track of your observations. Make sure you know what your budget is. If you haven't set a budget yet, our easy-to-use Budget Tracker is a helpful tool to start your wedding budget.
The more places you go — the more important it will be to take good notes about the costs and details so you can regroup at the end of your visit.
- Once you have your wedding and reception locations identified, try walking around the venue at the same time of day you would be there for your event. You may find out that train tracks are just behind some trees or that a church bell rings on every hour.
- Consider the distance between the airport, hotel, ceremony and reception locations. What transportation will you and your guests need?
- Check out local restaurants for your rehearsal dinner and wedding brunch locations. While you are there, compile a list of local restaurants and hotels you can pass on to out-of-town guests.
- Take time to meet with any vendors you might be interested in working with. We've got lots of articles and tips to help you plan the wedding of your dreams:
- Identify wedding license requirements, as this may vary. If there are forms you have to fill out, make sure you understand what needs to be done and when.
Meeting in person may help you decide if the vendor represents the kind of company you want to work with. Often styles either fit or don’t, so make sure you would be comfortable working at a distance and up close with these people.
Planning a destination wedding? We'd love to hear from you about your experience. Please add a comment below!